What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Server Issue with local server for me and my friend

smorxel

Hey Guys.
We just found your CW Server and we didn't know that there are mods for this game. After this we started to mod our own server, but then the server mod launcher instantly chrashes after succesfully loading all mods in the server_mods folder.
Could you guys help us? And where can we get the mod with the /goto Player/location Command.

Thx a lot
smorxel :)

Perk

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Guys.
We just found your CW Server and we didn't know that there are mods for this game. After this we started to mod our own server, but then the server mod launcher instantly chrashes after succesfully loading all mods in the server_mods folder.
Could you guys help us? And where can we get the mod with the /goto Player/location Command.

Thx a lot
smorxel :)
Are you sure you are only putting the server mods in that folder. There are certain mods that are only for clients and certain mods that are for servers. Post a screenshot of your mod folder.

smorxel

I will check it. thx. but i also tested the server with every single mod. it also crashes with just one in his folder.
Could you tell me with mod does the teleport /goto so that my friend and i could teleport to citys and to each other?

Perk

Administrator
Staff member
I will check it. thx. but i also tested the server with every single mod. it also crashes with just one in his folder.
Could you tell me with mod does the teleport /goto so that my friend and i could teleport to citys and to each other?
This is not a mod. The same place where you found these mods is a program called mitten. It runs via python and handles all the packets. I would recommend using something like https://github.com/ChrisMiuchiz/Cube-World-Commands-Mod to teleport.

smorxel

Thank you for your help and the workaround. i will try this :)
greetings smorxel :)

Could you help me with running mitten? i've got the port changed but mitten wouldn't run. never used python before.

smorxel

Installed Python 3.7.4
Succesfully switched the port of server.exe

But the mitten python file will not run

i'll run it with python shell because mitten crashes instantly i'm not able to screenshot it.

Perk

Administrator
Staff member
So
Installed Python 3.7.4
Succesfully switched the port of server.exe
View attachment 26
But the mitten python file will not run
View attachment 27
i'll run it with python shell because mitten crashes instantly i'm not able to screenshot it.
So if you read the error you will see you are missing psutil.

To install it you need to run the command

pip install psutil

Perk

Administrator
Staff member
ok now i am on your server by connecting to localhost oO
You need to edit the config and disabled the plugin which forwards people to my server :) Its one of the test ones. Also just feel free to post your config and ill edit the proper ones to false.

smorxel

You need to edit the config and disabled the plugin which forwards people to my server :) Its one of the test ones. Also just feel free to post your config and ill edit the proper ones to false.
found it. tested it. everything works fine :) Thank you very much. You helped me a lot.
Just a last question. Has PVP to be true or false to be deactivated? both options give me damage numbers to my other character. i also recognized that all npcs friendly or enemies are attacking my characters. DONE it was the KOTH plugin.
Next problem. Items i'll drop disappear. Sometimes use your brain first 😅 Anticheat DONE

greetings smorxel

Last edited:

Perk

Administrator
Staff member
found it. tested it. everything works fine :) Thank you very much. You helped me a lot.
Just a last question. Has PVP to be true or false to be deactivated? both options give me damage numbers to my other character. i also recognized that all npcs friendly or enemies are attacking my characters. DONE it was the KOTH plugin.
Next problem. Items i'll drop disappear. Sometimes use your brain first 😅 Anticheat DONE

greetings smorxel
Sounds good. Glad you managed to figure it out.

There are definitely some plugins that you wont need.

smorxel

did you know something about the EXPBuff mod? Does it only work in singleplayer?
did i get more xp for a mob or did i need lesser xp for leveling up?

Perk

Administrator
Staff member
did you know something about the EXPBuff mod? Does it only work in singleplayer?
did i get more xp for a mob or did i need lesser xp for leveling up?

xp required and it should work on multi from my understanding.