What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cube World Essentials Mod Pack

Perk

Administrator
Staff member
This modpack contains mods which are so essential that they ought to be part of the actual game. Most of them fix bugs or oversights.

Download

To install, drag the contents of the zip file into the folder containing Cube World (Cube.exe). To run, execute CubeModLauncher.exe. Note that you need 0.1.1 to use mods.

• Adaption Re-balance
    • In vanilla Cube World, the cost of adapting weapons becomes so high that it can overflow and become negative. This fixes the bug by implementing a better cost formula.
  • Bad Item ID Crash Fix
    • If you throw an item which has no sprite onto the ground, it will crash the client. This makes it a gamebreaking bug which can be very problematic in multiplayer. This mod fixes it.
  • Efficient Crafting
    • This implements a feature which speeds up the creation of consecutively crafted items. It is included because it is part of Wollay's vision, as it's been implemented in future/unreleased builds.
  • EXP Buff
    • This makes earlygame leveling easier by adjusting the EXP curve, because a common complaint is that it takes too long to grind early levels and get your abilities.
    • The EXP required (y axis) to advance from any given level (x axis) is graphed here. Blue is the original curve, red is the modified curve. They are identical after the first 14 levels.
  • Multiplayer Pet Leveling Fix
    • In vanilla, pets do not keep any EXP or levels they gain while in multiplayer, making the entire pet feature nonviable in multiplayer. This fixes that bug.
  • Name Overflow Fix
    • Prevents a buffer overflow that would crash the game if a player tried to rename their character using a name that is too long.
  • Stutter Fix
    • Fixes performance issues related to slow storage devices. In vanilla, many users experience stuttering every 10 seconds, as seen in this video, and very high loading/unloading times, which are compared in this video. For me, this mod produces loading times which are on the order of tens of times faster. Even if you have an SSD or this is not normally an issue, it will probably be healthier for your drive and still put a dent into loading times.
  • System Time Overflow Fix
    • There is a extremely mysterious bug which wasn't able to be diagnosed until 2018. It causes players to be unable to interact with anything on servers and particles to be upside down. It is the result of the game thinking the system time is negative. This mod addresses the frustrating bug.

Credits:
Copied from @ChrisMiuchiz 's reddit post and credit for the mods.

Attachments

Perk

Administrator
Staff member
How do I make sure I'm running version 0.1.1?

Has the latest version listed. 🙂

Cabin

I downloaded and tried using this mod but it whenever I run the game with the mods loaded it does not save my character or my world file. I wasted so much time because of this bug, I hope there is a fix for this. NEVERMIND I FIXED IT

Last edited: